Summer Work and Construction
This summer presented New Hope with a unique opportunity: to "settle in" to some new spaces here at First Church in Boxford, leaving behind the Main Hall (except for events), but gaining a new Common Room and the ability to really renovate our classroom space. We have put in hundreds of hours this summer — students, teachers, and parents — to build, clean, move, tidy, tear down, and more to get our space ready for students in September. So many thanks are owed to so many of you! We have enjoyed showing it off at Student Orientation, and even more will be done by the time tutorials begin next week.
Most construction will be complete by the first day, but some will continue into the first week or two of tutorials.
- We have repainted almost all of the second floor including three of our most-used classrooms.
- We created our new Common Room (used to be the church's youth room) for lunch and hangout space. It is newly painted, has all-new furniture, and a "seasonal beverage bar" for student use.
- We will have a new office in the old Room 16, including major build-out and new exterior door and hallway entrance.
- Parking will now be in "back" parking lot, and entry will be through a brand-new exterior door into a brand-new hallway next our brand-new office.
- We installed brand-new wifi throughout the building.
We will still use the Main Hall for big events (Family Day, Winter Evening, etc.). This shift means that we will all be together in the same building, rather than split over two — we're excited!
Summer Work Highlights
Click images to enlarge.